Practice Transfer Adopters
Would you like to adopt proven good practice ?
The National HE STEM Programme has now celebrated its second anniversary and the impact of its work upon HE sector practices is increasingly evident. The work of the Programme has focussed upon a number of areas:
- Transition – mechanisms to facilitate seamless progression into HE study and those which address widening participation and diversity priorities, including support and retention
- Undergraduate Curriculum – interventions that focus upon enhancing the undergraduate learning experience. This includes activities with an emphasis on learning, teaching and assessment
- Employability skills – mechanisms to enhance generic employability and STEM subject-specific technical skills
- Workforce development – upskilling of those in work or returning to work via flexible, responsive study opportunities (e.g. non-accredited CPD through to dedicated credited bearing programmes of learning)
- Strategic working to increase and widen participation – mechanisms that develop a more strategic way of universities working with those in the school and college sectors or the wider public.
A priority for the final year of operation is to make the developed activities available more widely across the sector so that others can benefit. The Programme is therefore launching an innovative scheme called the ‘Practice Transfer Adopters’ initiative. This will allow HEIs to ‘adopt’ a select number of Programme activities which have been implemented and delivered elsewhere.
Levels of funding are available for HEIs to work with the leads of existing projects to transfer these into their own institutions. Details of the activities available for adoption, call guidance and the template for submission can be downloaded below.
|practice_transfer_adopters_template.doc - 148 KB|
|practice_transfer_adopters_activities.doc - 1002.5 KB|
|practice_transfer_adopters_call_overview.doc - 729 KB|